Terms & Conditions
1. All quotations are valid for 30 days and may include additional terms and conditions plus details of timescales and payments.
2. Development timescales are subject to all material and any required payments being received prior to the commencement date or other agreed/stipulated dates.
3. During the initial development, planning and consultancy stage, clients may be provided with up to two sets of screen shots of page layouts in either TIFF/JPEG/PDF format. Additional changes and presentations may be subject to an additional charge at the current basic web design hourly rate.
4. During development, any additional work carried out over and above the quoted hours, additional features, consultancy or services will be charged at the current rates.
5. Payment terms: Payments are strictly in advance or within 14 days of invoice date. SPOT ON DESIGNS reserves the right to de-activate a customer’s account and remove material if payment is not received by the renewal or due date.
6. Payments: These can be made by BACS (details shown on each invoice).
7. SPOT ON DESIGNS reserves the right to terminate or suspend any account, at any time as deemed by SPOT ON DESIGNS, where the user has made inappropriate or unreasonable use of SPOT ON DESIGNS services or where the customer’s account is 14 days overdue. SPOT ON DESIGNS takes no responsibility for loss of business or costs incurred by the customer due to the suspension or removal of services in the event of a customer’s non-payment of account or failure to adhere to any of the terms and conditions.
8. SPOT ON DESIGNS is in no way obligated to engage in further work and reserves the right to withhold maintenance, planned and unplanned additional work on completed projects where there is a balance outstanding.
9. Hosting terms and conditions: SPOT ON DESIGNS reserves the right to terminate any accounts, at any time, as deemed by SPOT ON DESIGNS, where the user has made any inappropriate or unreasonable use of the SPOT ON DESIGNS services.
9.1 SPOT ON DESIGNS takes no responsibility for any information loaded onto our customer accounts or servers. If it is brought to our attention, by the proper authorities we will suspend service on accounts or servers until any illegal data is removed.
9.2 SPOT ON DESIGNS is not responsible for any interruption of service and accepts no liability for any loss of services, sales or any other form of loss.
9.3 Content and usage: SPOT ON DESIGNS reserves the right to refuse materials of any existing user making inappropriate or unreasonable use of SPOT ON DESIGNS services or an applicant whose planned web presence activities are deemed to have the potential of creating negative impact on SPOT ON DESIGNS to serve its customers. Inappropriate or unreasonable includes providing copyrighted materials without authorisation, providing obscene or offensive materials (e.g. pornographic material), providing materials whose nature and/or volume compromises the ability of SPOT ON DESIGNS servers to serve other user’s web presence (instances including but not limited to: unreasonable consumption of disk space, Internet link bandwidth, CPU and memory usage) as determined by SPOT ON DESIGNS, materials that violate the commonly accepted etiquette of the internet or providing materials that are deemed by the government authorities as inappropriate or illegal. Any such government determinations will be binding on the customer and not SPOT ON DESIGNS.
9.4 Indemnification: The customer will fully indemnify SPOT ON DESIGNS against liability (of any nature) which may befall SPOT ON DESIGNS as a result of the customer’s legal or illegal use of services.
9.5 SPAM and UCE: Spamming or any type of UCE (Unsolicited Commercial email) is strictly prohibited and the customer’s account may be closed immediately if the customer is found to be doing so.
9.6 IRC and Bots: No IRC connections must be made under any unauthorised hosts. The customer’s account may be terminated if the account is found to be using unauthorised hosts. IRC Ro(Bots) are strictly not allowed. If the customer’s account is found to be running a bot the account may be disabled without warning.
9.7 Failure to abide by any of the terms outlined in this document may result in termination of service without refund.
9.8 Cancellation period: Cancellation of services requires 30 days notice in writing and must be received at least 21 days before the renewal date. Failure to give the required notice will result in the customer being invoiced for the next full term, which is normally 12 months unless otherwise stated.
9.9 Transfer of domain name hosting to another service provider is free of charge subject to all accounts being up to date. SPOT ON DESIGNS will normally initiate the transfer within 3 working days of receiving your email/post.
9.10 Payment terms: Our normal payment terms apply to all hosting and internet services as detailed in clauses 5, 6, 7 and 8 above.